The West Valley Performing Arts Center (the former location of the Hale Center Theatre) is a small theater in West Valley. It is unique in that is is a Theater in the Round, which means the stage is in the center of the room and the audience is seated all around it. I really wanted to see this unique theater style so I took a look at was shows were coming up and Xanadu was the first one that sounded interesting (even though I basically knew nothing about it). So, that is what we saw.
I am continuing my exploration of our old theaters, this one is not necessarily old, but it is different.
Quick Details:
Length: NA
Trail Type: Meander
Difficulty: DR2. Modern building with elevators.
Elevation Gain: 1 floor.
Restroom: Yes
Dogs? No.
Other Info: Fee area, depending on what show you see.
To Get Here:
Take i215 to the 3500 South exit and head east. Take the very first left on Decker Lake Drive. Go about 1000 feet and turn right. 3333 Decker Lake Dr, West Valley City, UT 84119
The Trail:
The front of the building. From what I found, it was built in 1998.
Main lobby. I love the drama masks in the railing.
Decorations.
The stage. It is a lot smaller than I was expecting.
Panoramic. It is definitely different! It is a big Octagon with 8 seating sections. “Backstage” is under the seating and there are 3 stage doors, each with a balcony above it, which they use as well, or at least did for this play.
Cast poster.
The lobby again.
The box office.
A nice couple asked us to take their picture, then they took ours for us.
Xanadu themed stuff.
Adorable little frenchi statue with a frilly collar.
The stage again.
With the fun Xanadu at the end of the show.
Again.
Closer.
Well, I am not sure what I was expecting, but it sure wasn’t that! LOL. I guess all I really knew about Xanadu was it was an old 80’s movie about skating with Olivia Newton John. But, there is more fun 80’s cheesy goodness to it haha.
Here is a clip from the 80's movie...
Yeah....
I really enjoyed the different venue as well. It too was not quite what I was expecting. But it was fun! Now we need to find a play at the new Hale Center Theatre and check that out out. Anyway, it was nice. Not super crowded as well. 10 out of 10 squirrels.
As for difficulty, its a modern building, DR2.
Dogs are not allowed.






.jpg)












No comments:
Post a Comment