Sunday, September 27, 2026

Cemetery Point Beach

Cemetery Point is a peninsula between the middle and south arms of Pineview Reservoir. It features a beach and as you might imagine, a cemetery. This post is going to focus on the beach. Pineview is currently being drained for maintenance and I keep hearing about neat things they are finding at the bottom of it so I thought we would come up and see it for ourselves.

Quick Details:

Length: Meh, whatever you decide to do. We did about a half mile out and back.
Trail Type: Out and back, meander.
Difficulty: We just walked the road, so DR2. DR3 if you explore beyond that.
Elevation Gain: Not sure
Restroom: Yes, but they may be currently closed, we didn’t check.
Dogs? Yes, leashed.
Other Info: The beach access was closed, but we did see a sign saying it is a fee area. So, maybe when the reservoir is refilled it will be a fee area again.

To Get Here:

From SR167 hang right, go around the lake, follow signs for Cemetery Point.

The Trail:


The south arm is even more sad. Plus you can see they closed the beach. I am not sure if it is due to the reservoir being drained, or if it’s just the end of the season. But, either way, I guess we don’t need to worry about displaying our forest service pass.


It appears there is something of interest down there, but it also looks like people are struggling through the mud to get to it o.0


It took me a second to realize that is a dock.


So crazy seeing the reservoir this low.


Pretty clouds.


Nearly empty reservoir. Lets see… I would think this is the South Fork Ogden River flowing across it.


Plants.


The odd object that people seem quite interested in.


The cemetery of Cemetery Point. we will come back to that.


Colorful hill.


We reached the middle parking lot.


Patch of flowers.


The reservoir.


Again.


Big picnic area.


More patches of flowers.


Closer.


The cemetery again.


Docks.


Drained reservoir.


Cemetery.


Docks and clouds. I didn’t give us enough time to explore today. I Love this time of year, but also hate it because I run out of light sooner than I expect. You’d think I would learn…


The unidentified object again. I am thinking it might be the remains of an old boat.

Well, that was a short adventure, I didn’t find what I was hoping to, but it was neat to see the giant reservoir drained. Maybe we should have kept going, but, we were losing light, and wanted to get back down to the valley before it was super dark. But, this was neat! 8 squirrels.

As for difficulty, it was a pretty flat road, so DR2.

Dogs are allowed, leashed. Please clean up after your furry friends.

No comments: