Sunday, March 9, 2008

Photographic Adventure (Downtown SLC)

Mar 9, 2008
Current mood:artistic

I don't know how many of you are aware of the ANGST I endured attempting to purchase my new camera. It was painful. I agonized for weeks over which one I should get. I decided on the Nikon D40. Mostly due to the convenience of it including all the accessories I really wanted right now. (body, lens, telephoto lens, carry case, memory card, etc.) and the fact that it takes SD cards. Memory cards I happen to already have all over the place. I am very happy with my new camera, it just takes amazing pictures and is a lot of fun. My current default pic was taken with it. and yes, it was not cropped, a double exposure, anything. Just a basic understanding of how a SLR camera works and what you can do with it.

Anyway, there are quite a few fascinating buildings downtown. SO we went sightseeing in downtown salt lake today. I totally felt like a tourist. hehe. I didn't play with any of the advanced settings on the camera this time, I just stuck with auto, and let it decide on the shutter speed and aperture for me. Anyway, here are some of the images I took of some of my favorite buildings.

The Salt Lake County Courthouse

DSC_0383

DSC_0386

DSC_0389

DSC_0392

DSC_0402

The Salt Lake Library

DSC_0473

The Cathedral Of The Madeleine

DSC_0413
DSC_0409

DSC_0422
DSC_0425

DSC_0433

DSC_0436

The Masonic Temple


DSC_0459
DSC_0462

DSC_0463

I forget the name of this church


DSC_0408

    • taliea i love the photos.....
      hope u love ur new camera...

      • 2 years ago

No comments: