Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Yellowstone 2008 Day 3

Jul 2, 2008
From The Archives
Current mood:awake

Day 3 in my opinion was uneventful. We looked desperately for creatures and found nothing more than Bison and Elk. Over this end of the park it became obvious why Dunraven was closed as the snow was quite high. We did run across this poor coyote

DSC_0264


Who after the fact made me feel bad. After viewing my images I see he is soaking wet. My thoughts were the poor guy was running through the snow and runoff and just wanted to cross at a dry spot, only to be chased by crazy humans snapping pictures. But, look how cute he is.


This was on our way back from The Grand Canyon Of The Yellowstone. Whew what a mouthful. Hehe. Anyway, he is a good pic of the lower falls

DSC_0246

DSC_0235

and here are the upper falls.

DSC_0259

DSC_0266 

Random early springtime scenery this is somewhere in the Hayden Valley near the falls.


We then hit fishing bridge, nothing new here, but the ice chunks coming off the lake. Here is a good pic I took of me folks and amazingly I got my dad to pose long enough to get a cute couple photo of me folks. I like it.

Copy of DSC_0280

We stopped by lake hotel I failed to take images last time, so here they are.

DSC_0290

DSC_0295

I even grabbed some images of the creepy interior. I learned this is the oldest standing structure in Yellowstone. Is it just me, or does this scream the shining? Creepy, but cool anyway.

DSC_0287

Beyond the creepy old hotel was Lake Yellowstone, still frozen, but it does look cool with all the ice on it.


Not much else happened today, other than we ran across a coyote hunting and hopping, and I unfortunately snapped at Landis to give me my telephoto lens... drama ensued, my fault, but not really, that was just the topper. My parents back seat is to small for his gangly ass, My parents both drive.. well, scary, particularly my mom. He mentioned a place he wanted to stop and no one listened, this vacation was out of his hands. Unacceptable in my eyes. So the next day we bought a pass and went in on our own.


There's more, you just wait! Day 4 and Day 5, and seriously this year I will make my guide. hehe. Stay Tuned.

No comments: