Monday, June 28, 2010

Photo Of The Week June 20th – 26th 2010

Partial Lunar Eclipse:

We had a partial lunar eclipse in Salt Lake over the weekend. I honestly didn’t think that a) I would even be up that late, b) I would be able to see it from my neighborhood and c) I would even be able to capture it properly. Luckily, I was proven wrong on all 3 counts. Seeing as I have never seen a lunar eclipse, I will take that partial thank you very much.

DSC_0319 This was near the beginning, after I FINALY got my camera calibrated to take a picture of the moon properly. (you should see some of the pictures before this one, yikes!) Sorry the watermark is poorly placed. DSC_0334 This is towards the end of the event. After this the sun starts coming up, and the moon started setting behind some tree’s. I thought about staying up to watch it recede all the way, but it was way too late.DSC_0319 (2)   Here is a close-up of the first image. I STILL cannot believe I captured this.

As we watched the amazing event we talked about how it is no wonder the earliest civilizations were both awed and terrified of these events I mean, if you had no idea what a lunar eclipse was, and you started the night with a full moon, only to watch it slowly disappear what would you do?

All in all I am glad I stayed up to enjoy it.

No comments: