Thursday, August 4, 2011

I went for the sunset, but mother nature had another show in store for me.

A couple days ago I found a park that offered a pretty exceptional view of the valley I live in. My only complaint is the cell tower in the middle of the view. Other than that it offers an astounding view of Bountiful, Centerville, The Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island.

DSC_0091 DSC_0096

The sunset started earlier than I anticipated. Yes we are on the back end of the equinox so it is happening earlier.

DSC_0160DSC_0193DSC_0230 Sunset Strikes

DSC_0231 DSC_0232

And then the 2nd show started.

DSC_0237

I have been trying to catch a lightning bolt for at least a good 10 years. Tonight, I capture not only one, but several all in one sitting. So I apologize but I am sharing them all.

DSC_0248

DSC_0252 DSC_0257 DSC_0259 DSC_0262

DSC_0264

Back to the fading sunset.

And now for my personal favorite, my triumph over a long struggle to capture something that fascinates me, I present to you:

DSC_0269

I still cant believe the first time I actually capture lightening, I capture it 10 times successfully in less than an hour. It helped that this was an exceptionally electric storm.

No comments: