Sunday, October 21, 2012

Snowbird Tram Ride

 

The family decided to spend the day up at Snowbird again today. Here are a few shots going up Little Cottonwood Canyon.

DSC_0089

I take a picture of this waterfall almost every time I drive by it. I really want to get in closer, but can’t seem to find a trailhead. (DBP)

DSC_0090

Drive By Photography.

While we were up here we decided to take the tram to the top of the mountain. I have issues with heights so I was a little nervous about doing it.

DSC_0094

DSC_0095

An amazing view down the canyon into the SL Valley.

DSC_0096

Terrible shot passing the other tram going down.

As we neared the top the tram operator looked at my hands, then up at me.

“Is that a death grip?”

“Uh. er.. yes. yes it is. I don’t do heights very well.”

DSC_0098

The tram took us up into a snowstorm!

DSC_0099

After traveling 1.6 miles and 2900 feet higher we arrived at Hidden Peak (11,000 feet). View further up the canyon.

DSC_0100

DSC_0104

And the view down. Must be amazing without a snowstorm blowing.

DSC_0105

View across the canyon.

DSC_0111

I still can’t believe I rode that contraption up the mountain! PS. We were totally unprepared to be in well, snowy conditions. And I think this photo captured that in our expressions. BRRR! It was cold up there!

DSC_0114

Wait! Come back! I’m cold!

DSC_0134

View riding down.

DSC_0135

The windows were a bit foggy.

DSC_0136

DSC_0138

And wet.

You know, I am really glad I did this today. It really wasn’t so bad. I didn’t have a panic attack, and I know I could do it again if I ever wanted to. I think I will on a more clear summer day one year. It was also really cool to go from perfectly dry mountain scenery into a snowstorm at the top of the mountains.

DSC_0141

Little Cottonwood Creek.

DSC_0146

Tram from below.

DSC_0145

The other side.

DSC_0148

Snowy peak.

We spent the rest of the day swimming and relaxing in the mountain. Boy do I love it up here!

Wonderful adventure today.

No comments: