Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Blood Mood, Lunar Eclipse 4/14/14

 

I decided to stay up late and watch the lunar eclipse. Not long ago we had a partial eclipse that I documented, but I believe this is my first total eclipse. Huh, I thought I had posted about it, but I guess I wasn’t thrilled with the results, being a partial and all. I do have a post about the last solar eclipse here.

Unfortunately, I decided to wait until right when it started to head outside, so I didn’t get a good full before shot. But I am pretty thrilled with what I did capture.

Copy of IMG_2551

Copy of IMG_2561

Copy of IMG_2566  Copy of IMG_2572

Copy of IMG_2577

Copy of IMG_2589

Copy of IMG_2597

About this point I decided it was time to adjust the setting on the camera to start capturing the blood moon.

Copy of IMG_2608

As you can see that dramatically changed what we were looking at.

Copy of IMG_2646

Copy of IMG_2666

And we have the full eclipse. The blood moon.

Copy of IMG_2667

And here it is with Spica (bright star to the right) and Mars (top right).

I was hoping to stay up late enough to watch the whole thing uncover again, but I was tired so I called it a night.

eclipse copy1

I put together this little compilation that shows the first half of the event. Really fun.

From what I hear this is the 1st of 4 total eclipses we will get to enjoy over the next 2 years. That is pretty exciting! Of course I am going to go out and see it.

No comments: