Saturday, September 29, 2012

Davis County Color Fest

 

I have been seeing pictures from various color festivals for the last 2 years and they have always been awesome, and it looked like a lot of fun. Somehow I just never made it, until today!

DSC_0313

Quick shot of the colorful mountains. What a perfect backdrop for a color fest!

DSC_0284

They had official throwing’s every half hour, but between those people were chasing and chalking each other.

DSC_0328

DSC_0329

DSC_0330

The beginning of a throwing. I love all of the color!

What I liked about this particular color fest, is it was a lot less crowded than the other ones I have seen. However this was the first time they have done it up here, so word hasn’t gotten out yet.

DSC_0332

DSC_0344

Eventually it all starts mixing together and turns kind of brownish-grey.

DSC_0359

But then there are some bursts of color again.

DSC_0379

And people start walking away covered in bright colorful chalk.

DSC_0381

I had a small problem with my vision afterwards. haha.

DSC_0383

They look like they lost a fight with some smurfs.

This was super fun! I highly recommend it. Who doesn’t like running around and throwing stuff at each other? I was a spirit lifting adventure of bringing out your inner child.

Huh. I just assumed it was the Hare Krisna’s but apparently this is actually a traveling fund raising troop. Very cool. See if they are coming near you here.

No comments: