Sunday, October 16, 2022

Ledgemere Picnic Area

 The Ledgemere Picnic Area is a pretty picnic area located approximately 1.6 miles up Big Cottonwood Canyon. It features lovely views of the creek, and some pretty woods. There are 11 single sites and 2 double sites. $10 and $20 respectively, plus $10 per extra vehicle. I assumed we could just explore the area and not pay the use fee if we were not occupying a picnic site, but I might be wrong in that assumption. I didn't get a ticket though.

This was just a quick stroll to find some color near the creek. So, I am skipping the quick stats.


A nice mix of color in the parking lot.


Crossing Big Cottonwood Creek on the upper bridge.


Downstream.


The creek again.


Downstream.


Little natural Bonsai maple growing out of the cliffs.


Another view of the creek.


View from the lower bridge.


Upstream.



Downstream again.


The creek.


Cliffs above.


The creek again.


View up canyon.


Cliffs above.

I didn’t have the best light, but I enjoyed exploring the area a bit. It is a really pretty picnic area. I think I am going to take some time to explore more of the pretty picnic areas we have in our canyons. Anyway, this one is definitely worth a visit if you are wanting to get out and enjoy a picnic.

No comments: