Sunday, October 2, 2022

Seattle: Drag Queen Brunch at The Unicorn

Disclaimer: This is so not anywhere near the content I normally post. However I like to post my vacation experiences. This just happens to be a little different experience than normal. While there is no nudity there are probably a couple pictures that are probably NSFW (Not Safe For Work).  So, yeah, just a heads up. Feel free to skip this post.

Before leaving on our trip one of my now Local Seattleite friends, their daughter recommended we check out The Unicorn. Kerry was looking at their website and noticed they do a Drag Queen Brunch on Sundays. I honestly expected a few drag queens milling about while we ate bagels or something. I was not expecting to be treated to such a phenomenal show! Seriously best damn drag show I have ever seen! It was more of an actual production.

Location: 1118 E. PIKE STREET
Time Needed: About 2.5 - 3 hours. 
Cost: $28.00 (you get a bonus $2.00 mimosa ticket). Plus I think it was $15.00 for Brunch.
I recommend purchasing tickets in advance as the Sunday Brunch can sell out.


The upper level. Which I guess is The Unicorn proper.


Then they take us downstairs for the show. I guess the basement is considered The Narwhall.


Here they are preforming All That Jazz. They actually sung, not lip synced. And they were incredible! The host Isabella Extynne was super fun.


I actually thought to take video of her performing one of my favorite musical numbers. Sweet Transvestite.



I didn’t have the best seats as a last minute attendant (reserve seats in advance for better seats). I forget her name but she was doing an Austin Powers number.


My camera didn’t pick it up but her uh… boobs smoked after her gunshots.


This one did a fantastic rendition of Ursala's Poor Unfortunate Souls and damn did she nail it!



Then my personal favorite, an amazing Phantom Of The Opera mashup/re write that was beautiful and hilarious. Glory Joel has an amazing voice, and wit. Plus uh, well damn he is hot.


It was my favorite for the song but uh, he was nice to look at too.


Then there was a poison medley.


Little bit more eye candy.


Then a nice version of I Put A Spell On You.

Then there there was a brief intermission.





They finished with a 30 minute Beetlejuice.


The outside of the bar. Wow that was really neat!

I highly recommend experiencing this top shelf drag show for your self. Pictures do not quite do it justice. It really was out of this world! I am really happy we stumbled upon it, and that we were able to secure tickets last minute. Highly recommend.

No comments: