Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Seattle: Ye Olde Curiosity Shop

 Ye Old Curiosity Shop on the waterfront in Seattle was a really neat old store that has been around since 1899. It was on our list of weird things we wanted to see, and well, it was sure weird. It seems part gift shop, part curiosity museum. 

I kept my eyes peeled for any “no photography” signs and did not notice one, I even took a picture in front of one of the employees so I think I am good. However if the owners want me to take this down, I will.

Location: Pier 54, 1001 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98104
Time Needed: At least 20 minutes
Cost: Free, well, except for any souvenirs you want.


I can’t think of meat pies without thinking of Sweeney Todd.


2 and 3 headed birds.


Weird mummy looking thing.



Another one.



Shrunken heads.


More creepy stuff.


A creepy clown fortune teller machine.


Old automatic piano.


Another fortune teller machine.


Double headed lamb.


Siamese twin calves.

I was hoping to find a "mermaid" but no such luck. They might have one and I just didn't see it though.

Well, that was definitely weird, but fun at the same time. I found some fun souvenirs and I am glad we came to experience it. Super neat old shop. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. They do have a mermaid. It is hanging above the jewelry counter along with a baby mermaid. By the way, the mummies are real. They have three of them. Also, the shrunken heads are real as are all the freak animals around the store. The two and three headed birds you took a picture of are actually made by a taxidermist, and they are for sale. They also sell butterflies and insects in frames and paperweights and jewelry made out of real insects! I purchased a shark in a bottle there. I have been there many times.